Monday, May 9, 2011

Great news and alright news

At 7am I had my second Doctor's appointment. This one was another blood test to check my hCg levels and progesterone. Then Jason went to work and I went to bed! But I kept waking up every hour checking my phone obsessively. It wasn't until almost 2pm that the nurse at my doctor's office called me. My hCg levels are awesome!! In the 1500s which means I'm definitely around the 5 week mark now. So yay!

However, my progesterone levels - while not drastic - are a little low. In the first trimester it should be 9-47ng/ml with an average of 12-20ng/ml between weeks 5 and 6 (see this for more information) and mine was 13. So it's on the low end of average. My doctor isn't overly concerned, but the nurse sort of mentioned progesterone supplements. WTF am I supposed to say to that? "No thanks. I'll take my chances. It's a fucking miracle I'm pregnant to begin with, let's just keep on rolling with it!" Ha. No. I asked her opinion and she said flat out "If you were my sister I would tell you to take them." So I told her to order them. Tomorrow I will have an order of progesterone suppositories delivered to the house for me to take. And here I thought being pregnant meant I could stop shoving things up my twat. Oh how naive! But they should give my progesterone levels a boost and if it helps prevent a miscarriage I'll shut up and stick anything I have to up there.

Ultrasound! Scheduled for May 27th at 11:30am 8:15am! If I'm about 5 weeks right now that will make me almost 8 weeks for the ultrasound. A lot further a long then I thought I would be but that just means a much better chance of hearing a heartbeat! FIngers crossed. I know mine are.

Oh, symptoms. I'm still chronically exhausted. My boobs still hurt. I'm still sporting those achey cramps that prevent me from sleeping on my right side. Still hungry. Peeing like I'm made of water. Still no nausea. Still knocking on wood. Unless nausea is a good sign. I read somewhere once that the more intense the morning sickness the healthier the baby. Is my lack of morning sickness tied to my lower progesterone levels? If that's the case, can I please vomit already?!

2 comments:

  1. When I was first pregnant and puking my guts up 24 hours a day, people were constantly telling me they were never that sick and never saw someone with morning sickness so bad and hinting something was wrong with the baby..."oh, that doesn't seem...normal. Have you spoken to your doctor?" So, ugh, seriously, ignore anything you read linking puking vs. healthiness of the baby!!! People are just going to make stuff up one way or the other! Simply consider yourself lucky! Puking is nooooo fun at all!

    I was JUST reading a blog and now I can't remember the name where a girl had to do the same suppositories...she's 20-something weeks along now so that was a while back but, ugh, I have to find it for you. Pregnancy brain is coming over me.

    So happy for your great news! I can't wait for your ultrasound on May 27th!!!!! <3 Let me know if you guys need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record, I never had morning sickness. Only got sick cutting a blueberry in half one time and it "bled".. .and I threw up. So, RELAX, and just enjoy . .. . enjoy all that is happening within that beautiful, amazing, body of your's! Life. Enjoy life. :-)

    ReplyDelete