Sunday, May 22, 2011

6 wks (6ds)

Late again! I could lie and say I was raptured but, well, no one was. I'm really no good with this on time posting things. Oh well. Leopards and spots and all those things. This week was my sixth week of pregnancy and aside from that horrible frustration earlier in the week Bebe didn't give me much trouble. No bleeding all week! Yay! This has cheered me greatly, as I have been looking for any sign of spotting ever since saturday. I've been (mostly) good with bed rest. And by mostly good I mean not that good. I've done dishes a few times and I've folded laundry and today Jason and I went to church and I walked around in heels. Yeah I suck at this staying still thing but I've been bouyed by the fact that Bebe seems to be a sticky little leech. A wonderful, amazing, beautiful tadpole of a leech. But now I'm good and my ass is firmly on the couch until we drive over to see Jason's family an hour away. Meanwhile Jason is winning Best Husband Ever award with flying colors because he's been making me dinner and he cleaned the kitchen yesterday and right now he's making the sweet potato fries we're bringing for dinner! Early this week he even made me a pie! Nothing says love quite like baked goods.

While Bebe has been healthy this week, I have not. I've had that horrid stuffed nose I've heard some pregnant women get and it's made sleeping a royal bitch. But what made it even worse? Friday morning I noticed my ear was a bit itchy and by Friday afternoon it was full blown pain. Quickest ear infection ever. Jason took me to the Walgreens clinic when he got home from work since they're open till 7pm and the NP declared not only did I have otitis externa (aka, swimmer's ear) but I ALSO had otitis media which is the middle
ear. Ugh. So much fun. Worse? It's my left ear. Why is this worse? Because it's hard to sleep on my right side right now so I've been sleeping on my left. Now I have to do some weird thing where I create a dugout for my ear with my hand and it's awkward to sleep. I haven't been sleeping well at all. Anyways, she put me on amoxicillin, which is a Class B drug so it's safe for Bebe, and prescribed ear drops that have some sort of steroid in it so she had to call my Dr and get permission to give it to me but it's fine since it's just drops and not oral medication. Such a head ache. I'm also taking tylenol pretty regularly because OH MY GOD does it hurt. It's the only way I manage to get any sleep at all. I also have to walk around with a piece of tissue in my ear because air makes it hurt even worse. So now my daily medicine regime is Ear drops 3 times a day, Tylenol every 6 hours, Amoxicillin 3 times a day, Progesterone 1 time a day before bed, and my Prenatal 1 time a day with dinner. I feel like I should have a pill box.

This week Bebe is the size of a sweet pea! Not to be mistaken for the size of Sweet Pea, our cat (see image). Though at one point this week I did put the cat under my shirt and go "Hey honey! The baby is the actual size of Sweet Pea!" This confusion has certainly made for some fun jokes this week. Things like: "Sweet Pea loves you! Both the feline and the fetus!" You can imagine. Another site compared Bebe to a lentil but that just wasn't anywhere as fun as a sweet pea. Our little sweet pea (fetus) is about 1/4 of an inch long! It has little buds for it's adorable arms and legs, and it's little heart is beating 100 to 160 beats per minute! I get to hear that heart in LESS THAN A WEEK! I'm so excited. Bebe's intestines are developing, blood is coursing through it's tadpole like body and the tissue that will be it's lungs has appeared! As for mommy, I am still craving ice cream, though I haven't made Jason take me out for any. I had a craving for doughnuts for three days before I finally had it satisfied before church this morning. I have noticed an aversion to fish. Jason made salmon dip and the smell of it makes me want to gag (want to, but not actually). Still no nausea! Even with the fish! I do have back aches and sleeping is always interrupted by my stuffy nose or absurdly colorful and vivid dreams. I think last night's had something to do with me going to prom in a maternity t-shirt. I also cry. At everything. Almost every single tv show had me crying. Vampire Diaries, Glee (which I didn't even LIKE), Michael leaving the Office, How I Met Your Mother (I'm also convinced Marshall and Lily are based off Jason and I this season. Minus the father dying. Because they started trying for kids around when we did! And right when we got pregnant Jason went 'Marshall and Lily have to get pregnant now, since we parallel them' and, sure enough, what happened in the Season Finale? I rest my case), it's absurd. I just cry. A lot. Oh hormones.

5 days till we see Bebe for the first time! It still hasn't really sunk in to either of us yet that we're having a baby, but I'm sure the first sonogram will really drive it home!

1 comment:

  1. Ouch, the ear thing sounds super painful. And all of those drugs! Poor you! Hopefully you feel better soon!!!!

    Jason is awesome for baking you a pie! Tell him to teach Aaron the wonder of his ways! A pie sounds really, really awesome right now. Haha.

    Awww, Sweet Pea! Both the kitty and the baby! Too cute, on both accounts. I can't wait for you to hear the heartbeat!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete