Saturday, May 14, 2011

Bad baby, go to your womb

Despite being 5wks5dy, I was going to do my little 5wk update today. I was sick the past couple days with a ridiculous cold and my iPod broke so I needed Jason's phone for the camera and yadda yadda yadda. But I'm not going to do it today either. I can't. I'm on Doctor ordered bed rest.

I debated writing this entry, but in the end decided I should because this IS an account of my pregnancy and this is part of it. So around 2-ish I was making myself some rice and pork for lunch when I felt something a bit odd and noticed I was bleeding. Naturally my first reaction is to sob hysterically and call my mom as she is my go to for all my medical questions and general insecurities (hi mom). So I'm in the bathroom and bleeding and sobbing and she's asking me questions and eventually I have her call Jason, who had gone into work today, because I knew if I called him as hysterical as I was it would probably be worse. I'm trying to focus and explain the color and the consistency and the amount of blood but all I can think is "I'm bleeding. I'm pregnant and I'm bleeding."

Eventually I get off the phone with her and with Jason who called me from the road and call the emergency line at my Doctor's (since they're closed on weekends). I give the nice boy on the other end my name and my doctor's name and am like "I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant and I'm bleeding" and he pages the doctor's. I get off the phone to wait and immediately Jason calls and goes "I just called our doctor's emergency line and they're going to page him" and I couldn't help but laugh because our poor doctor was going to get pages from both of us. My husband is sweet, he called because he didn't want to make me do it with how badly I was crying.

I get a call back from one of the doctor's at the practice (they have 5 doctors) and I explain that I'm having moderate bleeding, no cramps, am almost 6 weeks and I'm on 300mg of progesterone suppositories 1x a night. He tells me to immediately get off my feet, put in another suppository, and call first thing in the morning. I'm not passing any clots or tissue and I'm not cramping so right now he's confident everything will continue on as normal. Which is good! Positivity!

So now I am laying on the couch with my feet propped up and keeping track of how many pads I go through. Right now I'm on my second one. I'm talking to both God and the baby. I've informed Bebe that it is to stop misbehaving right now. It is grounded and not allowed to come out of it's womb for the next 8 months. Bad Bebe.

And here I was, hoping I'd have a nice normal pregnancy to counteract the absurdity it took to get pregnant in the first place.

2 comments:

  1. I believe in the power of prayer and the power of positive thinking. I believe this baby wants to grow and become. I believe you are strong and capable of whatever comes your way. I love you with ALL that is within me... and wish I could make it easier. But out of adversity comes character, strength, hope and courage. I saw you pregnant, remember??? I saw you. Keep the faith, love. xxxooo call me if you need me.... Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, thinking of you and Jason and Bebe with every fiber of my being. You guys are staying in my thoughts and not going anywhere. Please, please, please let me know if there is anything I can do or if you need someone to talk to...doesn't matter what time it is, I'll always be here. I'm keeping my thoughts positive and you guys in my thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete