Thursday, May 5, 2011

4 wks (3ds)

So I decided a long time ago that I was going to do belly shots. Mostly because I love looking at people's belly progressions, but also because I'm curious as to how mine will be. But I also decided that I'm going to wear the same outfit in my belly pics just so that I can see how drastic the progression is. After combing through my wardrobe I decided on this red maxi dress because it leaves plenty of room to grow all around it. And it's comfortable so you can't beat that.

A lot more people know right now then I thought we would tell this early, but Jason and I are notoriously unable to keep good news to ourselves. Fortunately, everyone who DOES know are people that we would rely on should something go wrong (I just knocked on wood right now because I feel uncomfortable even writing that. HAPPY THOUGHTS HAPPY THOUGHTS). I think the hard part is relying on OTHER people to keep it to themselves since I'm not sure that's going to happen. Secrets? Let's just say I would not be surprised that when the three month mark comes and I announce it everyone's reactions will be "oh I'm allowed to know now?"

At four weeks I am 125 lbs. (starting weight) and the possible symptoms include the following:
Tender/swollen breasts - this is a big one for me right now. I don't even want to touch them, they hurt! Getting up fast hurts, moving fast hurts. I was at Universal Studios Sunday (oh so glad I went out of theme parks in style) and I wanted to cry on the Hulk my boobs hurt so badly. They also do appear a little bit bigger. If I squint and turn my head.
Fatigue - Another thing I have in spades. I normally don't want to wake up in the morning, but these days it's tenfold. And an hour after I'm awake I want to go back to bed and hibernate. It's absurd and annoying, especially since I have a lot of chores to do right now (I'm on day 3 of laundry since... I never seem to finish it). At least I'm able to sleep, which is something that has never come easily to me before.
Mood Swings - Check. Check. CHECK. I felt like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde earlier this week, switching between feeling great and then Miss Bitch the next. Poor Jason was counting down the days to my period so it would stop. Now he is counting down to January.
Bleeding and cramping - The main reason I didn't think I was pregnant is because I have been cramping. I actually started cramping on the 24th of April and was like "oh maybe it's coming early" and I'm still cramping a bit today too. On the 2nd I noticed not quite blood but a faint brownish discharge (like old blood) but it was gone by the next day. That's when I started to get a little "I wonder if..."
Nausea and heightened sense of smell - Not quite. I'm a little queasy sometimes but nowhere near feeling like I am going to hurl. And I don't have a heightened sense of smell either. I was cutting up onions and garlic yesterday and feeling just peachy. I'm told to give it time though, it's still early.
Food aversions and cravings - No aversions yet but last night I was craving ice cream like it was going to save my life. I almost finished a Gotta Have It and I'm not much for dairy.
Frequent urination - A little? I normally have a bladder of steel. Like I only pee two or three times a day. So now maybe I'm peeing a little more? But nothing super drastic. Maybe just more normally.
Bloating - Nope! Unbloated and grateful.

Bebe, as we have taken to calling the embryo (derived from BB meaning Baby Beck. BB is also shorthand for baby, go figure) is now about the size of a poppy seed! It's hard to imagine something that tiny will become a whole baby! Bebe has burrowed into my uterine lining and split into two parts: one becoming the placenta and one gearing up to become the newest Beck. The amniotic sac is forming, as is the yolk sac that will one day be Bebe's digestive track! Bebe also has three distinct layers: the inner layer, the endoderm, will be the digestive track (with help from the yolk sac), liver and lungs; the middle layer, or mesoderm, will be Bebe's heart, sex organs, bones, kidneys, and muscles; and the outer layer, aka ectoderm, will be responsible for the organs and tissues, including the nervous system, hair, skin, and eyes.

Tomorrow at 8:45am is our first doctor's appointment so I'll come back then!

3 comments:

  1. Ummm, so jealous it's not even funny! I was sick to my stomach every morning from a week after conception. I thought I had a stomach flu and all of my co-workers made me take a pregnancy test at work...it was negative. I guess it was just too early? I couldn't even brush my teeth with toothpaste because I'd just puke everywhere. I was even carrying puke buckets around work with me! You can cut onions with no problem?! You, my friend, are my HERO! Haha. I just started cooking with onions again last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I can't even tell you how glad I am to not be sick (yet). Everyone keeps telling me to wait till week 6 but I am steadfastly hoping I'm an anomaly. IDK how I will cook without onions and garlic. They're my culinary base for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to do this journey with you as you make me my very first Grandbaby! :-)

    ReplyDelete