Saturday, December 31, 2011

38 wks (2ds)

So I'm trying to make this some semblance of not laughably late, since last night I was having contractions that got to about 6 minutes apart. And then I decided to go to bed and rest and woke up this morning to only the random intermittent contraction. That was annoying. Sleep really does ruin everything! Anyways, I'll take my unfortunate lack of labor as my cue to update my blog and FINALLY post my nursery reveal pictures. Aren't you all lucky? Thursday, the day I turned 38 weeks and this blog was due, Jason and I decided to walk me around Epcot to help convince Bebe to keep on swimming and follow the light. I did make a whole World Showcase loop, because I'm fantastic. Jason wouldn't let me buy Pumpkin Spice Funnel Cake though and for SOME reason China doesn't sell Spring Rolls (which I love) only Egg Rolls (which I do not love) so my only real excitement at this entire endeavor was that I got to eat a ham & cheese croissant from France. Which was amazing. That night Jason had promised to make me funnel cake but he wussed out (okay, really, I told him he didn't have to because he looked tired. He just should have let me get the funnel cake in America). So instead I decided to experiment with Jump Start Your Labor Cookies. Oh. My. God. Are they the spiciest devil cookies I have ever eaten in my life. Jason had one and claimed he could breathe fire. I ate 9 with 3 glasses of milk. I don't even LIKE drinking milk! But, interestingly enough, I started having some mild contractions when I went to bed that night. About every 10-15 min. THen when I woke up they were around every 8-9 min. We went to the Dr but no cervical check this week, he did however feel me having a contraction when he did my belly check and laughed and said he'd be surprised if I made it to next weeks appointment. After the Dr's Jason and I went to the mall and walked a bit and I found a take home outfit (FINALLY) and another batch of hangers and a mirror for Bebe's nursery. I was miserable by the time we got home and at 7 min apart. Jason and I finished Bebe's nursery (pics to follow, I swear), I did a load of laundry, ate, and then had a couple more cookies before taking a nap. I woke up to contractions 6 min apart! That's when we got super excited. But then they fell to 9 for a bit before coming back up to 6. I had a headache at this point so I went to bed and woke up to... no contractions. Okay, intermittent ones. But I haven't had one in awhile now. Maybe I should eat more cookies. Likely after Jason and I take the scenic walking tour through every neighborhood in our development.

Bebe is 38 weeks now, she's plumped up to about 6.8 lbs. and is around 19.5 inches long (imagine a leek). She's apparently putting on a lot of weigh, but not as much as Mommy who put on 6 lbs. this week. Thanks Christmas. You're a bitch. I'm at +28 lbs though which is still in a good range so all my Dr did was laugh at me. According to development websites, Bebe now has a firm grasp, which I was HOPING to feel today but she's being difficult. She needs to listen to her parents.

But, as promised, Nursery reveal! We're still getting a fan, but it isn't a "must have before she's here" item. Or, I have convinced myself it is not because Jason will need his dad's help to install it and that wouldn't happen until after she's here anyways.

The painting process and prep work. Jason worked so hard!:










The final, decorated, finished product. The shelf and curtain rod Jason refurbished and painted for her:












Her bathroom. I did not need any Jason assistance to put this together:






1 comment:

  1. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And you look so cute! HURRY UP, BEBE! We're excited to meet you!

    ReplyDelete