Tuesday, December 6, 2011

34 wks (5ds)

This has been a difficult week. The day after writing last weeks blog I came down with a cough. The next day I had no voice. Fortunately I had a Dr's appt that day and my Dr is awesome and on the ball and immediately wrote me a script for amoxicillin. My throat was a little sore and he didn't want anything trying to turn into strep. Of course, amoxicillin doesn't stop a cold and after being out all day with Dr's appt's and pre-registering at Winnie Palmer and picking out a Christmas tree I was dead on my feet when we finally got home. On Saturday I was even worse and curled up on the couch while Jason decorated our tree as I fought the sniffles. And Sunday? Sunday was the worst day this week. I was MISERABLE. I went through a box of tissues, my lungs rebelled, my head was stuffy, I couldn't stop sneezing and the only thing I wanted to consume was toast and 7up. That night I was up most of the night not being able to breathe or sleep and it was just a terrible way to begin my 27th year. Yes, that's right, 27. Monday was my birthday! And by some birthday miracle I woke up feeling a little better. Definitely not 100%, but a little bit better. Jason - being awesome - stopped at a local cupcakery after watching me indulge in a Cupcake Wars marathon the night before and got me 4 delicious cupcakes to celebrate my birthday! And, in increasingly good news, today I woke up after a full nights sleep without having had to reach for a tissue all night. I'm definitely on the upswing!

Aside from the cold of DOOM, my Dr's appt went very well. Let's not talk about the weight gain that occured from my Key West Bar Food Crawl and just say I'm at +25 lbs which is still in a good and healthy margin as long as my weight gain slows its roll these next few weeks (hopefully being sick did that a little bit). My tummy check was exactly 34cm, so Bebe is still measuring perfectly on track and her heartbeat is still in the 140s. She's been moving like a dervish this week, likely as a sign of her displeasure at my constant coughing. But yeah, she's good and healthy and wonderful and that's really all I could wish for on my birthday.

This week Bebe weighs about as much as your average cantaloupe - which is 4 3/4 lbs. She's also about 18 inches long! it seems so surreal that something that big can fit inside of me, even though I feel gigantic. And to know she's going to get bigger? It's just so weird! And she definitely will get bigger because her fat layers are continuing to develop, making her rounder and her skin smooth, which is good because she'll need them to regulate her body temperature once she's born. Her central nervous system and her lungs are continuing to rapidly mature as well. It just boggles my mind that she's due in 36 days and her body is in such hyper drive developing her. Especially since if she's born now she would likely do fine with only minimal assistance and a short hospital stay. But as uncomfortable as I am now I do not want her to make an appearance for several more weeks. Grow Bebe grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment