Tuesday, December 20, 2011

36 wks (5ds)

Oh this week. Nothing dramatic has happened, but I'm just very exhausted. I went to a class called Parents Night on Wednesday to hear a lecture from a Pediatrician and a Pediatric Dentist about childhood illnesses and teething and all that fun stuff. The Pediatrician drove Jason up the wall since she was talking about how Chinese Herbs do more for your kid than anything and Jason is just... not into that at all. And then she got into the Vaccination debate (which I won't get into here because I really don't want to get into that debate with any of you lovely people) and he was like "Do we have to stay here? We could be playing Skyrim." But then she finished and the Dentist came on and he was awesome so Jason felt a lot better. We learned when we should start bringing the kid to the Dentist, when to start brushing teeth and how, and how to never let your kid go to bed with a bottle. Fun stuff. I was feeling ridiculously nauseous through the whole thing though so it put a damper on my ability to pay attention. Then Friday I had my Dr's appt and will now be going weekly! I had my Group B Strep test done (Jason kept thinking the Dr and I were saying "Groupie Strep test" and was like "Is that an STD or something?"). I'll find out my results on Friday at my 37 week appt but everything else looked great! He says I'm doing awesome! I'm also actually -3 lbs from last week, but considering I'd been +6 last week he didn't think it was a big deal. Weight gain is now +22 lbs. This weekend Jason and I lazed about and played a lot of Skyrim and it was actually a really nice, easygoing weekend. Then on Sunday we ran a bunch of errands and finished our Christmas shopping before my sister came to visit! We were going to go shopping but I was so exhausted from the earlier errands that we just ended up hanging out and working on her list of what to get people. That night I was having terrible Braxton Hick's. Every 6-7 min sitting down, 10-12 min when I got up and walked. Only in my abdomen, not in my back, and not painful just super uncomfortable and annoying. I was also crazy nauseous again and just all around feeling really pregnant and miserable. Even a nice long shower didn't help. Such as my life now I suppose? It's all just twiddling my thumbs and staring at my packed hospital bag as I wait!

This week Bebe is about 6 pounds which makes her the size of Crenshaw Melon. I guess it's just a big melon, because I've never had it before. She's also just over 18 1/2 inches long. She's still thrashing around and beating me up though so clearly she either has plenty of room or she thinks she has more room than she does. I'm going with the latter. She's shed most of her lanugo (the downy hair covering her) and is shedding her vernix caseosa that's been protecting her skin during this months long bath of hers. She's swallowing all of this and it's going to end up in her first meconium diaper that Jason will most likely be honored enough to change. It's mind boggling to think that in a few days (since I'm late on this, like always) I will be 37 weeks and she will be full term and I can feasibly go into labor any day in the next 4 weeks. It's so soon!!!

I will leave you this week with some pictures from the book I ordered! I took our Maternity pictures and made a Mixbook with them. It was super fun and easy to do and I'm so thrilled with the end results.

Edited for those not on my Facebook: Tonight's proof that Bebe has no regard for how much space she takes up

No comments:

Post a Comment