Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 wks (3ds)


30 weeks. This means I can officially enter a reasonable weekly countdown. 10, 9, 8, 7... Oh my God how did it get this close? Even though when I break it down it still seems like so far away. I get the feeling I'll get to week 39 and it'll still seem like so close yet so far. Probably more so now because I'm definitely feeling being in the 3rd trimester and my energy is slowing down like whooaaa. I just feel very tired most of the time, and finding the motivation to go about the day is getting difficult when compared with my increasing desire to curly up on the couch with a blanket and my bowl of leftover Halloween candy. The other day I expended my decreasing energy reservoir to make chicken piccata and when faced with a kitchen full of dishes from the endeavor I wanted to cry and ended up going "I'll sit down until I feel less exhausted and then do them and go to bed," which I kept saying for hours as I mindlessly watched FoodNetwork reruns and nodded off on the couch until 3am when I finally had enough energy to force myself to get up and do it. Though yesterday I managed 6 hours at Epcot Food & Wine! I collapsed onto the couch as soon as I got home and today I feel like a zombie, but I'm super proud that I still manage to walk Epcot. Even if it took 6 hours to walk all of Epcot once. We did get to hang out with our friends and their ADORABLE baby, who made Jason's day when she fell asleep on him while he was holding her and let him carry her around the park until we left. It was totally worth the inability to move his arm later that night, since it was all he talked about for hours.

Aside from Epcot, which was clearly the week's highlight, Jason and I picked a pediatrician! I feel so much better now that I can cross that off my list. We both really liked her and felt very comfortable when we interviewed her, so I think Bebe will like her too. At least, like her when she isn't being given shots by her. Our Childbirth class was also really informative this past week too and we learned about possible labor interventions and our instructor answered tons of questions I had. Even Jason left the class and said he liked it, which he hasn't yet. He likely liked it more because it involved playing with forceps and epidural tubes and not giving me a massage and coaching me on breathing. Tuesday was also my 30 week Doctor's appointment! It went excellently. Blood pressure is good, Bebe's heartbeat is good (140s), urine is negative, weight gain is good (+18 lbs), and baby bump is measuring right on track. I'm so happy that everything is looking good and textbook, since I'm still harboring a deep seeded paranoia that something is bound to go wrong since it's been so easy after the terror of trimester 1. Positive thoughts though!! And I have a lot to be positive about. Like Wednesday is my last of my 4 week Preparation for Birth classes and we're all bringing in food for a pre "birth"day party. And then Friday my mom and sisters come up to get ready for my shower. AND SATURDAY IS MY BABY SHOWER!!! I'm so excited!!! I've been looking forward to this for months!

And, after months of waiting for this, I will be able to spend the next few months waiting for Bebe. Because Bebe only has 2 1/2 more months until she's here!! At 30 weeks she is almost 16" long and weighs as much as a head of cabbage (not to be confused with Chinese Cabbage from a few weeks ago. Regular cabbage is apparently heavier), which is about 3 lbs. She's surrounded by a pint and a half of amniotic fluid that I'm keeping up with by drinking water all the time. Seriously, it's probably a good thing that I don't like soda and most juice because all I WANT to drink is plain water. But the fluid volume will decrease as she gets bigger and displaces it. Her eyesight is also developing, but it won't be very good for a while and even after she's born it'll be about 20/400. If she gets my eyes it will revert to that prescription pretty fast though. Sorry Bebe.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed your blog before but I love it!!! :D

    I know all too well what you mean by paranoia that something is going to go wrong! Every checkup was perfect and I still felt like something was going to go wrong! I wonder if it's partly to baptize you by immersion (so to speak) into the whole field of mommy fears that never seem to go away!! They just change and are sometimes less depending on how much trust you have in God at the moment plus not letting those fears take over you. Ummm... Yeah.. All that to say I know what you mean and it's so completely normal! :)

    Oh, and it's normal too to not be able to do as much at one time and burst into tears at any given moment for the smallest of reasons! You could have Jason practice his daddy skills by helping you out more... :) unless he already is!
    When you start to feel overwhelmed or stressed, just sit down and take big slow breaths... Trust me, you will need the practice! :)
    Love you guys and your Bebe!
    :)

    ReplyDelete