Monday, November 21, 2011

32 wks (4ds)

This was a busy busy week!! And, I won't lie, I could have written this Thursday but I have had like no motivation to do anything except sleep lately. Even now I'm staring at the computer screen trying to think of words to type because pregnancy has turned my brain to mush. But there's so much to talk about!! Like my fantastic BABY SHOWER that I had last weekend!!! My sisters hosted (with a lot of help from my fabulous mother) and it was absolutely perfect. It was Nursery Rhyme themed and all the food and decorations (that my sister drew free handed) reflected that. A bunch of family and friends came and it was just a wonderful day. Bebe was SO SPOILED! She seriously got so many amazing things through everyone's generosity and I could be any more grateful. Other important events this week was our 32 week Doctor's visit on Wednesday. Once again Bebe is hitting all those textbook markers that make me and my Dr very happy and I was given the All Clear to go home for Thanksgiving and to Key West for my family vacation! Wednesday was also our Basic Infant Care class and I came home with a pile of notes to page through while Jason tried to stay awake in it. Then on Friday my sister, Kali, came down and we were joined by my other sister, Kirsty, on Saturday. Their purpose? To help me prepare for my Maternity pictures that the weather FINALLY allowed me to have taken yesterday!!! Let me just start by saying that Lindsay (@ You Are The Roots) is amazing, and she's been around to document all of Jason's and my big events (engagement and wedding, now pregnancy!), so this event was no exception. Kirsty helped me pull my look together and came up with some cute ideas, Kali did my hair and make up, and away we went up to the adorable town of Mount Dora to find a little park with a beautiful lake and some gorgeous trees. The entire shoot was super easy going and fun, like it always is with Lindsay, and even though I've only seen one preview from the set I am SO EXCITED since it's gorgeous!!

So busy week leads to an EXHAUSTED Katie. And not just because it's been Go-Go-Go. Friday night I couldn't sleep and only got about 4 hours of it, and then Saturday night the same thing. I ended up falling asleep on the couch at 2am and waking up at quarter to 6am to get ready. Of course as soon as Jason and I got home I ate a bit and then passed out for another 4 hours. It's frustrating because everyone tells you when you're pregnant to sleep when you can, but when you just CAN'T sleep it makes you so angry at all the advise you get to sleep! I'd LOVE to sleep more, because that's pretty much all I want to do. But between my back hurting, my acid reflux, my restless legs, my insomnia, my gigantic stomach, and my need to pee every couple hours? Sleep is just sitting off in the corner laughing at me and telling me that this is practice for when Bebe gets here. Everything just feels like it's in overdrive lately, including my Reflux and aches and pains (back, ribs, hips, etc). But most of all? Pregnancy Brain. I am so overly ADD right now, noticeable by the fact that I started this entry last night. I really hope I don't just decide to flop down on a bed in Key West and sleep my entire vacation away, but oh my goodness does that sound like the best idea ever right now.

Bebe! Bebe is fantastic. I swear she's an octopus and all my ultrasounds missed her 4 other appendages. In the car on the way to my photo shoot I swear she was playing a game and trying to see how many internal organs she could assault at the same time. The answer: all of them. The best news with her is that, according to the Dr, he believes she is now HEAD DOWN! YAY! This is awesome for birth, but now she's taken to using my bladder as a pillow and that is much less exciting. She also gets the hiccups ALL. THE. TIME. And she really really hates them, because after a minute of them she starts flailing about, kicking whatever she can, and doesn't calm down until they stop. Fortunately they don't seem to last long. She's also still growing, somehow, because it doesn't feel like there's much room in there. She's almost 17" at this point, and about 4 lbs - which makes her as big as a large jicama (image included because, lol if I know what a jicama is). She's going to be gaining about 1/3 to 1/2 of her birthweight in the next 7 weeks, and her skin is starting to smooth out those wrinkles as the weight I'm gaining (I'm +19 lbs. total this week) goes towards fattening her up. She now has toenails and fingernails too! And apparently she is now supposed to have real hair but, lol, she's had plenty of hair since well before 29 weeks so I can't even begin to imagine how much hair she'll actually have when she's born. Yeti child.

Preview from my Maternity shoot! (© Hearts & Crafts photography)



A couple seconds of hiccups, and Bebe reacting to them


Kirsty's adorable decorations. Jack & Jill going up the hill and all the characters from Hey Diddle Diddle! (There was also a Humpty umpty on a wall with the Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars and a Mother Goose elsewhere on the walls)

Spread of food. "This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef" sandwich platters, "Three Blind Mice" cheese and fruit platter, "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater" pumpkin bread, "Humpty Dumpty" deviled eggs, etc.

The dessert table

The rhyme that inspired the cake!

Kirsty made amazing sheep cake pops as party favors! Mary's Little Lamb and the Baa Baa Black Sheep

Me in my chair of honor!

My grandma - Bebe's Great Grandma! - and I

My mom and I

My dad and I

My sisters and I

1 comment:

  1. The decorations are amazing! Kristy is awesome. As is the video of the bebe attempting to break free from your stomach. ;-)

    ReplyDelete