Thursday, November 10, 2011

31 wks

What is missing from this title? The amount of days past my weekly update, that's what. Mostly-on-time post! GO ME. If I finish this in the next half hour, at least. But it's really important I do this tonight because I won't have any time this weekend. Why won't I have time? Because it's my BABY SHOWER! My mom and 2 of my sisters are driving to my house tomorrow and they're going to Nursery-Rhyme-ify it for my Mother Goose themes shower. I'm so excited I can't even stand it!! It's been a pretty slow week though, after the excitement of the past few weeks. Jason and I finished our Preparation for Childbirth series of classes this week, and I'm excited that two other couples from our class will be in our Basic Infant Care class this coming Wednesday. Aside from that though I haven't been very exciting. I've shuffled my way through laundry and have excitedly answered the door for the UPS man to drop off awesome packages that I'll include pictures of at the end! Not all the packages were for Bebe though. The dress I ordered for my shower came in and actually fit! As well as the gifts I ordered to send to my final Secret Stork (I have 3, I know, I may have gone overboard. But! That means 3 Secret Stork gifts, and she's received some seriously cute stuff). But probably my most favorite package of all? Notice anything different in my weekly belly photo? How about the phone that I am taking the picture with is WHITE? Yes. Yes it's true. After 3 years of waiting I have finally received my white iPhone. And she is beautiful and amazing and I am playing with it and terrified that I am going to drop it whenever I pick it up. Also, talking to Siri is my new hobby. And now I finally have a phone where my wallpaper can be Bebe!!

And let's talk about Bebe. At 31 weeks I am now in my 8th month (what what what whaaaat?) and Bebe is around 3.3 lbs and roughly the weight of a squash. She's a little over 16" long as well, but about to hit a growth spurt (yay...) to plump out more. She can now turn her head side to side, which is weird because I thought she could do that already, but I guess not! Apparently at this time babies are very active which OH MY GOD is so true. I feel like she is moving all the time these days (unless I am around other people, then she's sleeping, apparently), and her favorite thing to do is ball up all the way over on my right side so it bulges out weirdly and it hurts me to move. Thanks sweetheart. Bebe also doesn't seem to understand that mommy's ribs serve a purpose and that the purpose isn't Bebe's personal jungle gym. I'm pretty sure she's still in a Transverse Lie position based on where I'm feeling her move, but my Dr said he won't be concerned until 36 weeks. That gives her 5 weeks to move and I am praying she does. Yes, because it will not make a c-section necessary, but also because she's making me really really uncomfortable in this position! Especially right after I eat. There's no room for my stomach, my lungs, my ribs and my baby. Right now the score is - Bebe: 1,435, Mommy's Organs: 0.

Travel highchair that clips on to tables, Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether and a stuffed giraffe from Bebe's Aunt Amanda!

Hooded towel and matching mitt with a sage trim, a bath sponge, and a bunch of squirty bath toys from my 2nd Secret Stork!

A soft striped blanket and a bronze Bunny Bank from my 1st Secret Stork! (since I never posted a pic of this on here)

No comments:

Post a Comment