Friday, October 28, 2011

29 wks (1d)

See that? One day. Boo ya. But that's not the exciting part of this weeks blog. The exciting part? I PASSED MY GLUCOSE CHALLENGE!!! Actually, the lab tech's words were "you passed with flying colors." I'm so happy. I celebrated by picking up a pack of sour jolly rancher candies at the service plaza as we drove through today's monsoon on our way to visit our parents for the weekend. Guys I was so nervous. Mostly because I really really really didn't want to take that 3 hour monstrosity. But also partly because, hello, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners? Oh, man, if there was ever a time to be pregnant I sure picked it! So today I have been saying silent, and not so silent, bouts of praise for my unhealthy habit of consuming vast quantities of sugar pre-pregnancy conditioning my body so that the even higher volume of sugar I've been consuming during pregnancy has been processed flawlessly. Yay body, for supporting my need to bake brownies at midnight and eat them all within three days. But the excellent test results weren't my only good news today. Today I ALSO had my crib and dresser/changer delivered and set up!! Guys it's GORGEOUS. And I'm still going to resist showing it to you because there's still a lot of work we need to do in the nursery. Like Jason has to paint the pole holding the window valance white as well as the shelf and the mirror frame. Then we have to hang it all, plus other artwork (like THIS gorgeous picture my wonderful Mother in law bought for me after I exclaimed over it for an hour). Oh and find a little bookcase that matches our furniture. Ahh! So much to do!

And only ELEVEN WEEKS to do it in! That's right ELEVEN WEEKS. How am I already 29 weeks pregnant? WTF happened? Wasn't it just May 4th yesterday? It feels like it. Bebe weighs 2 1/2 lbs. now, making her about as much as a Butternut Squash (mmm, my favorite soup)!! And is just over 15" long - a huge change from the poppy seed she was when I first became aware of her existence. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to grow and develop. And remember when her head used to be the same size as the rest of her body? Well the body caught up and surpassed it and now her head is growing more to make room for that expanding brain that Jason is passing down to her. Trust me. She wants his brain. I was cleaning out things today and threw away a ton of old report cards. When Jason asked if I was sure I didn't want to keep them I told him if they were thrown away there was no chance of her finding them and thinking those were acceptable grades. Her bones are growing strong and I need lots of calcium - fortunately pregnancy has made me lose my lactose intolerance. That's right. It was there and dairy made me sad. And now? Poof. Gone. I can eat whatever I like and feel peachy. Thanks Bebe! I'm enjoying unlimited access to large glasses of Carnation Instant Breakfast, cold bowls of cereal, and thick Greek Yogurt on a daily basis. Not to mention my love affair with cheese. Ah, cheese.

Lucky for all you readers, you will likely get a mid week update this weekend!! I have my 3D ultrasound TOMORROW and cannot wait to see that little face I've created again. It's been NINE WEEKS since I saw her last and this is just not acceptable. Also, please send some positive vibes for a few hours of good weather Sunday evening so I can enjoy my Maternity Pictures!! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment