Wednesday, October 12, 2011

26 wks (6ds)

I'm sorry I suck at these. I have company right now and she's been very distracting! But I am doing my patented "let me crank this out 1 hour before my next week starts" thing. 26 weeks has been good!! I did Epcot again and survived walking around from 1pm-9pm and then dinner and leaving at 11pm. And today I spent 6 hours walking various malls. So I'm doing really well! I spent a really awesome week down visiting the parents, as well. I've been a busy little bee, I promise I haven't been neglecting this out of laziness!! Bebe's been spoiled this week!! I got my first gift from my Secret Stork (like a Secret Santa, but it's between pregnant people) and it was a really soft green, pink and white striped blanket and a Bunny Bank that looks so cute with her bedding set! Then when my friend Gina visited she brought a BEAUTIFUL little footie onesie with tiny pink and gray Eiffel towers and poodles and a little matching stuffed poodle dog. Then later bought a seriously adorable dress from Janie & Jack that I can't wait to dress Bebe in when she fits in 6-12 mo. clothes! Not even born and already being spoiled. She's also being just as active as ever and as I write this is twitching and moving about inside. Though she typically does this after I've had a busy day. Speaking of busy I went out and got a shirt and dress for my maternity shoot in a couple weeks, a new bra (I have officially gone from a 36B to a 38D, omg), and 2 long sleeved cotton maternity shirts for the upcoming fall/winter. It's so weird thinking how close I am to the end of this.

Speaking of close, Bebe is now 1 and 2/3 lbs. and 14" making her as long as an English Hothouse Cucumber. The networks in her ears are getting really developed and she can hear other voices when I'm having a conversation with them. Which means she has heard a lot of Gina this week! She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid that helps her lungs develop and learn how to breathe. She isn't a boy, but if she was then the testicles would beginning the long journey to descend into the scrotum. But that doesn't matter here! The most important thing is that at 26 weeks her chances of survival outside of me is now up to 90%!! This is such a relief! Basically? Good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment