Tuesday, October 18, 2011

27 wks (5ds)

I am in my third trimester and I feel sick. I'm talking reflux like you wouldn't believe, back spasms and being just generally worn out and exhausted. Right now I am nauseous, probably from all the stomach acid, and I just want to curl up somewhere warm and soft. It's been a busy week, again! But good busy! Thanks to my husband and his amazing parents we have constructed a fence around our yard this weekend. This makes me so excited, because now when Bebe's born we can lounge out in the backyard on nice days. And yesterday Jason and I took our tour of Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies and it was, can I say, amazing. As Jason put it, "this place is more like a hotel than a hospital. It doesn't even smell like a hospital!" And it really didn't. The rooms are all private rooms, with bathrooms and large tubs in each of them. Medical equipment is hidden behind paintings and wall decor that moves like it was designed by Q from James Bond. The entrance to the building has you waking through this waterfall corridor thing and the waiting area is this giant spherical shape Jason described as "Sea World meets Death Star." Up in recovery I get my own room again, with a private bathroom and shower, and this crazy room service menu that's all included. Jason, who hates hospitals and is hard to impress, was in awe about the entire place. As am I! As far as hospitals and delivering babies are concerned, this place seems pretty top notch and I'm excited!

This week Bebe is 14.5" long and weighs 2 lbs. - making her as heavy as a head of cauliflower. She apparently has regular sleeping and waking schedules, but I haven't quite figured them out yet. Then again, I don't have regular sleeping and waking schedules so I would not be shocked if she didn't either. Oops :\ But she's opening and closing her eyes now, and she's sucking on her fingers and toes. Her brain is in high development - as are her lungs. If she was born now they would be capable of functioning... with a lot of help, of course. Apparently hiccups can begin around this time so I'll be on the watch for those! Tomorrow is also my first childbirth class too, so with any luck I won't be so late next week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie! I came to see your blog from BabyCenter!! I love it! I see you live in Central Florida! So do I! I'm over in Melbourne!! I will bookmark your blog and add you on BabyCenter! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete