Sunday, August 28, 2011

20wks (3ds)

And we have reached the halfway mark, ladies and gentlemen! I am officially climbing down hill now. Which doesn't seem quite right because I still feel like it's super early still. As slow as I felt like my pregnancy was moving in the beginning, it is mind boggling to realize that it has already been 20 weeks. With that in mind, I'm positively panicky about how much there still is to do before she gets here! I suppose though that even if right this second I had her nursery done and every item I possibly needed I still wouldn't feel as if we were ready. Does anyone? But we're chugging along. Jason is living at work and I now cannot remember a time where I did not find it to be an extreme necessity to eat cake. Seriously. I have to have it in the house or the world might as well be ending. This week's cake is German Chocolate and now I am going to get a piece while I finally finish writing this. Other than my cake needs, I've had some not-so-fun new symptoms. Like back pain. Wednesday it hurt so bad that I didn't even want to move from the couch (even though that didn't exactly make it feel better). After some tylenol and a long body-temp bath (oh how I miss hot baths) I was feeling not much but somewhat better. Fortunately it hasn't been that bad since. I've also gotten a bit of a bloody nose. Not that it's running like a faucet, but every time I need to blow my nose I can tell. Fun stuff right?! But I'll take it. Symptom-wise I've been very lucky and have had it relatively easy so it's difficult to complain. I am really LOVING being pregnant, even with the back pain and bloody nose and breakouts.

I'm feeling her move all the time now, and even Jason has felt her a few times now!! I made a mix of some of my favorite classic Disney songs and put my headphones into my computer and hook the ear pieces into my pants so that they press against my stomach so that she can hear. They say classical music stimulates the brain, maybe Disney stimulates the imagination? Who knows! I just want her to come out loving that place as much as her daddy and I do. What's funny is that, without fail, as soon as we get to the Little mermaid music she gets super active and then settles back down again for the rest. I don't think I need to be worried about Disney love. Also exciting! I got the cloth diapers I ordered! Since I'm going to be a Stay at Home Mom I have decided to opt for the Cloth Diaper option for a lot of reasons, but it doesn't hurt that they're adorable. I have a dozen right now so I'm about halfway there with the amount I should start with! Now if Target's website will cooperate so I can register for the other ones I need that would be just swell.

But, hands down, the most exciting thing this week was our Anatomy Scan! Guys I can't even tell you, I was so petrified. I've been spending waaay too much time watching A Baby Story and reading pregnancy forums apparently, because every possible scenario was running through my mind of what could go wrong. My sleep that night? Was maybe an hour. And when I sat in the waiting room at the OB office I was seriously jittery. I mean, I couldn't WAIT to see my little girl again, but I was so convinced by this point that my second trimester had been too easy after my first that I just knew something would be wrong. We got called and went back to the room, lifted up my shirt and there she was on screen looking as beautiful as always. We told the tech we'd found out she was a SHE but we'd like confirmation and she found it super fast for us. Bebe is DEFINITELY still a girl!!! The tech also counted all her fingers and all her toes. Bebe did not like waking up at 7:30 and demonstrated his by first putting a hand over her ear and then by yawning very largely. She's DEFINITELY my daughter!! The tech found two kidneys with nothing abnormal, a perfectly working four chambered heart, a brain that was no cause for concern, and measuring at an exact 20 weeks. She was even declared to be "textbook perfect!" Later we met with the doctor who said her weight was in the 53rd percentile meaning she is perfectly sized and not too big or too small. All and all, he shrugged and said there was nothing to be concerned about and would see us in 4 weeks! I'm also +6 lbs. from my starting weight. I was concerned that I hadn't gained enough but no one said anything to me so I guess I'm fine!

This week, aside from being "textbook perfect" Bebe is 10.5 ounces and 6.5" making her about the size of a cantaloupe. Bebe is practicing swallowing right now, and all that amniotic fluid she's ingesting is accumulating in her bowels into a tar-like substance called meconium that will end up being her first diaper. Not much else has really changed with her developmental wise (at least according to the websites), but that's fine because even though I can't wait to meet her she's already growing up too fast. But I'll leave you with a couple more u/s photos!

she's still a girl!


close up profile

No comments:

Post a Comment