Monday, August 22, 2011

19wks (4ds)

This might be a short post. Mostly because I covered most of this week last week and I will cover the rest of this week next week after I get my Anatomy scan. So 19 is kind of a throwaway for me right now. I'm feeling really good! Bebe is moving all the time now and is most active in the afternoon and late at night. I feel like I can feel her with my hand, but she was moving pretty good this evening when Jason had his hand right over her and he claimed he couldn't feel a thing. But it was good that it happened because for the past few days she has absolutely REFUSED to move whenever he's been around. He'll poke and prod my stomach and not a thing. Then he goes away and BAM. I'll get movement. It's hilarious. He said a few days ago "This is just the start of her not listening to me isn't it?!" Then today our convo before she moved went thus:
Him: "How is she?"
Me: "I think she's sleeping"
Him: "Of course she is. I'm home."
Me: "She only sleeps well when you're around?"
Him: "That's one way to look at it!"
But then she moved and he couldn't feel so I think he's all right now knowing she's not just avoiding him. He really enjoys talking to her too and I'm often left just standing around looking at the walls while he carries on a conversation to my stomach. It's wonderful.

The most exciting thing about this week is I got my Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow! I had been having a really hard time sleeping on my side. I normally enjoy sleeping on my stomach, but now I really can't. And sleeping on your back when your pregnant is APPARENTLY a terrible idea since it restricts blood flow or something. My doctor assured me that if I do sleep on my back I'd get uncomfortable and move before anything was dangerous. He was right, because I would wake up 3 or 4 times on my back with the urge to move. The problem sleeping on my sides? My hip hurts, my shoulder hurts, and my arm falls asleep. It's annoying. So Snoogle! While not quite a Miracle Cure it's been decent. I had to move myself to the guest bedroom because the combination of Jason + Me + Snoogle + Queen Bed = Not the Best Fit. I kept hitting Jason with the pillow when I'd try to switch positions and he'd get mad and I finally just moved. It's sad because my bed is so much more comfortable and I miss him but I suppose I'm only going to get bigger and it's only going to be a tighter fit. So now I am in the guest room with the pillow and the cats who are THRILLED to be able to sleep with one of us. I'm still waking up in the night with the desire to move, but I guess not even the Snoogle can stop my hip from hurting when I sleep on it for too long.

Bebe (who is still unnamed and therefore Bebe)! She is now 8.5" ounces and 6" and is about the size of a Mango! I love Mangos. They're one of my favorite fruits. Unfortunately I'm terribly allergic and break out into hives whenever I look at one (joking. I have to touch or eat it) and it is terrible and I hate it because ugh, I would love a mango right about now. Jason's conversations with her make sense because research shows that Bebe is possibly able to hear noises outside my uterus now! I talk to her all the time, but I'm really happy she can now hear Jason. All her other senses (sight, taste, smell, touch) are in high gear of development as well, even though her eyes won't open for another 9 weeks. Everything in her body is proportional now and she is even growing HAIR. The color of her hair is a hot topic since between Jason and I we're a virtual Genetic Box of Chocolate and have no idea what she's gonna get! On my side of the family she can be brunette, blonde or (as my mom insists she will be) red haired. On Jason's he's got family with really fair hair and really dark hair. It can also be any texture too. Thick, thin. Straight, curly. No one knows and it's fascinating! She is also developing a waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa right now, designed to help prevent her thickening skin from pickling and pruning in all the amniotic fluid she's swimming in. Don't want a pickled baby now, do we? (Bebe says "Glub glub" and that means "No." or possibly "Hi Jen, happy?")

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I loved my Snoogle! We had a queen bed, too. Aaron hated the Snoogle so much that the day we came home with Ethan, he threw it out in the trash for the garbage men to take, ha.

    You look adorable! LOOK AT BEBE! Awwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete