Sunday, July 31, 2011

16wks (3ds)

Oh man was this a great week! I am doing really well. Energy is up and thriving and I'm really starting to get my appetite back! Even my headaches haven't been as bad this past week. And, of course, yesterday was great, and that wasn't even supposed to be part of this blog post but whatever. It's exciting. The first part of the week was absurdly slow moving, as if the whole world knew I was anxious to find out the gender of my baby and was conspiring to make me wait as long as humanly possible. It was torture. I did a lot of sleeping since time tends to pass faster and less boringly when you sleep through it. But eventually the day came and though I had slept through the week I was barely able to get a little over 4 hours sleep that night. Go figure. I was able to down about three glasses of OJ in addition to my bagel in an attempt to force that child into movement. Fortunately it worked! Any pregnant women who want to ensure their fetus is not asleep during an ultrasound? Drink lots of OJ before your appointment. Mine was doing back flips and acrobatics in there. We got to the appointment and they had me do another Chinese Gender prediction test and it said clearly Boy. It was Boy surrounded by other Boys. And the guy said they had a 90% success rate with the chart.

So we get into the room and it's huge and they're playing Coldplay lullaby music so Jason automatically approved of it. The tech was super nice and she talked us through the whole thing and Jason sat up on the bed with me and we watched the ultrasound on this huge flatscreen. At first we couldn't see much because Bebe was lying in the most absurd position, but after a few deep coughs there was a shift and the tech goes "There we go!" and we go "... what is it?" "You can't tell?" "..." "Well-" *zooms in* "What isn't there?" "OH MY GOD SHE'S A GIRL!" And we found out our little Bebe was a beautiful, slightly alien looking, flexible little GIRL. The voting was 12 for girl, 4 for boy - so way to go majority! She had her head on the bottom and her whole body flipped over it like an extreme Yoga master who was a former Russian acrobat. We got to watch her for about 15min and I could watch her for hours and hours and hours. Afterwards I dragged Jason to Babies 'R' Us so we could find an adorable GIRLY outfit for Bebe. Not that she won't have a million cute girly outfits by the time she is born, but I wanted to be able to say "I got this the day I found out I was having a little girl" and so we got one! Of course, since we're rather obsessed with our cats, we had to get one with cats!!


if you're really bored and interested, Bebe's 13:14min ultrasound


OKAY. Bebe specifics. And, yes, still calling her Bebe for now because while we THINK we have a name we want to try calling the baby by it to make sure we like it and it sounds good to us. So Bebe she will remain for the present! Bebe is 4.5" long and 3.5 ounces and is about the size of an avocado. While at the grocery store the other day I picked one up and held it to my stomach and went "hey honey it's our daughter!" I really couldn't believe something that big was growing in me and will KEEP growing and getting BIGGER. Legs have grown longer and stronger (as we saw in that ultrasound) and her head is a lot more erect too. Her eyes have moved to the front of her head and her ears are almost in their final position. Scalp patterning has begun too, even though there isn't hair yet. But she has started growing toenails! In the ultrasound we could see her little heart fluttering, which it should be since now her heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood to her body each day and this will keep increasing until birth! I still haven't felt her moving, even though I know she's kicking up a storm in there. But I've been assured that I might not feel her until around 20wks since this is my first baby. Oh well! As I told a friend, from the way she's moving I might be begging her to STOP kicking before too long once I feel her start!!



2 comments:

  1. I love that at one point in the ultrasound, she appears to be pouting her lips. Too sweet!

    And yay for girls!! Although, considering just how many sisters you have, is it surprising? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so, so, so, so excited! I love her already! The cat outfits?! TOO CUTE FOR WORDS! I can't wait until I'm cleared to drive again because I want to buy her presents! All of my friends have had boys so far and while I am obsessed with shopping for little surfer/skater boy clothes, there is THE cutest girl outfit I keep seeing at Babies 'R Us and now I have someone to buy it for, hahahaha.

    I am so, so, so happy for you guys! Also, if you ever want another 3d/4d ultrasound when you're here visiting, 4D Picture Perfect in Fort Lauderdale are AWESOME! If you go to them a 2nd time, they give you the entire session for only $30! We did Ethan's there.

    I LOVE BEBE! So happy! You're having a little GIRL!

    ReplyDelete