Tuesday, July 19, 2011

14 wks (5ds)

Barely. But I'm here I'm here with a few minutes to spare if I rush this. The end of vacations are like a black hole of time loss. On Thursday, the day I turned 14 wks, we left vacation and drove to Chicago where I could meet up with friends to see the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 (and meet Matthew Lewis [aka Neville Longbottom] by sheer coincidence). Then the next day we drove straight through the night from Chicago to get to Orlando at 7am on Saturday. After a quick nap we left to South Florida to pick up the cats from my mom and Sunday we came back to Orlando (after stopping at Lindsay's (You Are The Roots) to meet her beautiful son Ethan. Lindsay also gave me a ton of baby things for which I'm eternally grateful and ecstatic about. Monday and Today have been spent in the hell known as 10 loads of laundry and unpacking and organizing and, most importantly, starting my baby registry! I decided to start working on it now since a lot of the main things we want are going to be gender neutral in order to be passed down to our future children whose gender might be different. This means bedding and room decor and large scale toys like bouncers and play mats. This is fine with me because I'm not big on frilly flowers and pink butterflies anyways. Then there's all the little things too like diapers and creams and feeding accessories, etc. etc. etc, that don't require gender. It's nowhere near ready to be released since I'm already thinking of changing several things and a few items are listed because I like them and want Jason's opinion of which is best, so there's that. And the big tickets like crib, furniture, car seat, stroller and baby monitor (trust me, Jason is in charge of that one) require a lot more research before we settle. But I'm a little less panicked now that it's begun.

Bebe! Bebe is the size of a lemon this week and is about 3.5"! Brain impulses are in high gear as Bebe's facial muscles begin making expressions anywhere from a grin to a scowl. The body, arms and legs are also rapidly growing in order to catch up to that once giant head. Lanugo, an ultra-fine downy hair, is also forming all over the body. In addition to the kidneys which are making urine, the liver is now producing bile and the spleen is assisting in red blood cell productions! Bebe is punching and kicking up a storm, but sadly I still can't feel a thing. As for me, I love the second trimester and am having no complaints! I woke up STARVING today and actually wanted to eat which has been rare for me lately. I definitely have more energy and have been zipping around with chores. I'm also completely stressed out at how disorganized my house is and now that I'm not panicking over my baby registry I can finally get back into the swing of doing my chores and switching out dressers so I can get this old furniture out of my bedroom. I am LOVING being able to move around more now that my first trimester light-activity restrictions from my hematoma are lifted. I also have a doctor's appt this Friday and afterwards I will schedule my anatomy scan!! Exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Enter my blog giveaway for the Miracle Blanket -- oh my gosh, you will LOVE them and NEED them, haha.

    That's so exciting you're starting your registry!!!!! That stuff is so much fun!!!

    AND OMG YOUR ANATOMY SCAN! I can't wait!!! I still say GIRL!

    ReplyDelete