Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello nausea, my new friend

It's here! Finally. Monday night around 7:30pm I got the worst wave of nausea and I was convinced I was going to be sick. I went to bed around 8:30 with a bowl just in case. I wasn't completely sure if this nausea was due to Morning Sickness or due to the fruit smoothie Jason made me an hour earlier since, haha, milk and I are not the best of friends. But last night, around 7:30, I get nauseous again. Not nearly as bad as Monday but I was getting several waves of it with an underlying queasy feeling. Jason also made me leftover smoked chicken and the smell of it made me want to be sick. The same chicken I ate just fine three days ago. But oh my goodness, the smokey smell on it and that smokey taste to it was just - I feel nauseous thinking about it even now. So we'll see how I fare tonight. Leave it to me to have completely nocturnal morning sickness.

Friday I will be 8 weeks! Friday will also be my first Doctor's appt with my OB instead of the Fertility Clinic. I decided not to go back to my usual OB/GYN due to a few issues I have had with the office staff (they've failed to return phone calls, lost my test results, and brushed off concerns of mine) so my mom asked around and found me an OB who came highly recommended and is associated with Winnie Palmer (where I'm going to deliver). His office called me yesterday and were going to see me today, but Jason had something going on at work he couldn't miss so the amazing assistant I talked to managed to get me in on Friday. I'm really excited to meet my new OB and (hopefully!) see Bebe again (and, inevitably, get a new due date).

Today we had new bedroom furniture delivered! Jason took me to pick some out this weekend because 1) I wasn't allowed to go to SeaWorld and 2) Ashley's Furniture was having a major sale. We found a GORGEOUS dark cherry wood bedroom set with a platform style sleigh bed and I'm in love. The delivery guys were EARLY (coming at 9:11 when the estimated time was between 9:45-1:45) and very quick and set the furniture up beautifully. I'll take pictures once Jason moves our old dressers out since right now everything looks crowded and mismatched. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get both cats in the laundry room before the guys came and Daisy made me chase her all over the house until I could finally lock her up to keep her from getting outside or underfoot. So right now I'm having a bit of cramping from overexerting myself. No spotting or bleeding so I'm not worried, but I'm down for the count for the rest of today. Sad because I was really wanting to start putting clothes in my new dresser. But no playing Russian Roulette with Bebe! Clothes can WAIT.

1 comment:

  1. Ours isn't new so it's probably an older model, but we got a dark cherry wood sleigh bed from Ashley furniture last yearrrrr! I wanna see pictures!

    Oh, no, poor you with the nausea! :( Hopefully it cuts it out quick and doesn't make you suffer for a long time. :(

    I can't wait to hear about your appointment with your new OB! It's always good to have doctors with an office staff you can trust, too. The not returning phone calls would make me nuts since, you know, I'm neurotic, too. Haha.

    ReplyDelete